Dark patches on face, started on cheeks spread to forehead, diagnosed Melasma. Prescribed Melalite, no help, but Eumosome helped. What s this ?

I have dark patches occuring on my face. it started with slight marks on the cheeks which increased in size and now the mark also came on forehead. doctor diagnosed it as melasma and prescribed Melalite-XL cream for 6 weeks and later reducing it with melalong. There has been no improvement in the marks though. I tried using Eumosome - m on the marks and i saw visible difference with the marks getting lighter. I feel its not melasma. Can you advise your diagnosis please. Thanks a ton.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013