Dark flaky rash between thighs, on buttocks, severe itching. Tried clotrimazole, no relief. Permanent cure?

Hi there, I m a black male with a dark flaky rash between my thighs where they make contact with my scrotum . The same rash is also on my buttocks on the inside of the cheeks where they touch. The rash is very itchy especially at night. I have tried over the counter topical creams ( clotrimazole 1%) but got no relief or result. I practice good hygiene but can t seem to get rid of this rash. Do you have any suggestions on other creams or solution I can obtain at the pharmacy that might be helpful?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013