Damage to the toe nail after an injury. What to do?

I received damage to my big toe roughly 3 weeks ago. I had the blood drained after a few days, and the toe seemed to be healing quite well. This morning, after spending some time at the gym, I noticed that the nail is now detached on two sides. Should I keep it wrapped to prevent it from falling off any quicker than it needs to, or should I just let it go?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Hi, Jill,
thanks for query.
As nail is detached from the big toe, it seems that nail will come out.
If nail is still strongly adhered to the big toe then there is chance to remain there.
Take an antibiotic medicine with proper dressing.
You may be alright.
Ok and bye.