Cut on toe, swelling, infection, pain. Should I go to the E.R. or will the cephalexin help kill the infection off?

Hello the other day I got a lil cut opening in between my toes and im guessing it got infected because one of my toes started getting swollen so I decided to take sum cephalexin that a doctor had prescribed me for athletes foot , it seems likethe swelling\infection is spreading and it really hurts I cant even walk on it and it pulses really bad should I go to the E.R. or will the cephalexin help kill the infection off?? please help I cant even sleep too much pain..
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013