Cut finger, numbness, burning sensation, throbbing pain. Using steri strips, pressure dressing. Treatment?

Hi cut the tip of my finger yesterday and it was quite deep. I have steri strips and a pressure dressing but the pain is unbearable. It continues to throb but the side I didn t cut feels numb and burns at the same time. How long should I leave it like this? I have a follow up appointment next weds but not sure I can wait that long...
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Tingling and numbness is common in a healing wound, you do not have to worry about that. I suggest you take painkillers thrice daily and complete the antibiotic course prescribed for the wound. Keep your dressing clean and dry. If any gaping of wound or foul smelling ooze seen from wound, then get in touch with your GP for assessment and therapy. Thanks.