Cut arm and grazed hip after accidents. Why was nipple swollen? What can we infer?

My boyfriend regularly rides motocross and at the weeekend fell off a couple of times and has cut his arm and grazed his hip with bruises etc nothing major. However yesterday he told me to feel his nipple as half of his left nipple was swollen so I had a feel and around his nipple it feels like he has swollen tissue . Not the whole way around his nipple only half way. He says it is tender and sore to touch and I am just wondering what you think this could be? Do you think it could just be swollen from him falling from his motocross bike or could it be something else? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012