Cramp in left calf, numbness in foot. Reason?

Iwoke up on Wednesday morning with what felt like a cramp in my left calf and numbness in my left foot. When it worsened I saw my orthopedist yesterday who said that I probably slept on a nerve and told me to do dome Achilles' tendon stretches and it would subside. This afternoon I woke from a nap and, while the numbness has left my foot for the most part and my calf is much improved, I now feel a numbness in my upper left leg.

Any idea what this could be ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Jun 2015
Hello dear,

In the absence of any injury/trauma to the lower back or leg, the symptoms can be attributed to nerve compression as a result of incorrect sleeping posture.
Stretching exercises under the guidance of a Physiotherapist will be helpful.

You can also take nervigenic agents like Vit B6, Vit B12 & Folic acid in your diet.
If symptoms still persist, kindly get certain investigations like estimation of blood glucose & blood pressure levels, and an MRI of lumbosacral spine done to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.