Cracking sound from lower back on bending, large bump. Causes and treatment?

hi , I crack my lower back. like I bend backwards and crack one spot. just below my tailbone..? or is it above. anyway, there is a bump there and been trying really hard not to crack it. and people are starting to notice it.. :/ I hope you are understanding what I am saying. please help me a way to get rid of the bump, and how can I stop cracking it.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. initial approach is to get investigations done first and then plan the treatment.
2. keeping in view the history provided, start with conservative line of treatment such as pain killers, muscle relaxant, heat application and physiotherapy.
3. In case symptoms continue, it shall be very appropriate to have an appointment with a neurologist or neurosurgeon for a proper clinical evaluation.

i. get a x-ray of back done and even MRI of back may also be needed to determine underlying cause. [This could help to identify a degenerative disease at its earlier stages], if any