Could it be depression ?

19 year old with no ambition. Could it be depression? I always choose the best answer! HELP!?
A friend of mine has a 19 year old daughter with seemingly no ambition?This 19 year old dropped out of high school and then returned to drop out again. She got fairly good grades but lacked the desire or drive. My friend owns a gymnastics gym, and upon her retirement the business would be run by her 2 or 3 kids (if they wanted to). This 19 year old is a trained gymnast but chooses to work for free tanning rather than to help out at the gym, because she doesn't get 'paid'. She lives at home for free room and board, and has been kicked out several times, to sleep on the doorstep. She steals, lies and cannot hold a job. What advice do you have for her and/or her mother?
Asked On : Mon, 10 May 2010
Nephrologist 's  Response
THanks for the query
No this does not sound like depression. It is more to do with teenage problems. Please give her sometime and dont force her into things she might not like doing. ALso she will need a counselor for her problems. Teenage is a hard time these days as they are overburdened by options

Have a healthy living