Coughing up phlegm, chest congestion. Taking medication, no improvement. Recommendations?

I have some flem and it's causing me to cough. It kind of started last night with my throat starting to hurt. Then I just took a pill of ponstan forter 500mg and clarinase and slept. When I woke up today morning I had a lot of chest congestion and flem therefore cough. Then I had breakfast and took a pill of enhancin, clarinase and ponstan and slept for another couple of hours. When I woke up my throat pain had gone and chest congestion reduced but still had a bit of a cough. It's been a few hours since then. I can feel like the congestion is coming back and my cough increasing. Shall I keep taking the same medicines? And also is it ok if i take enhancin and have alcohol? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Please take lot of steam along with sips of hot fluid. Add mucolytics to the medicines you are already taking. You can take alcohol along with enhancin but avoid taking alcohol when you are having chest congestion otherwise. Regards