Coughing, sensation that scar tissue will rupture. Tonsillectomy done. History of strep throat. Treatment?

I am 40 years old and had tonsillectomy at 12 after repeated rounds of strep . I had to go back in and have the incsicion burned because I broke some stitches. I still get strep about once every 5 years maybe. This time, when I cough I feel like the scar tissue maybe is about to rupture (thats the best way I can describe it). Is that even possible?? Im on amoxicillin and Im 128lbs and 5 2 ... .
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013