Cough, phlegm in throat, hoarse voice. Post nasal drip or asthma?

I am an otherwise healthy 32 year old female. i had allergy testing for what i thought was hay fever but in the test never reacted to anything. i was told it was non allergic rhinitis . throughout my life i have also had bouts of mild asthma . for the last week i have woken up not feeling unwell or feverish, but with a lot of phlegm in my throat a hoarse voice and a chesty cough. the voice settled down, but a week later, i think the cough has gotten a little worse and keeps me awake at night. is this likely to be post nasal drip or could my asthma be playing up? also my ears are constantly itch and sometimes i get a little pain in them, ive heard chronic rhinitis can lead to ear problems? is any of this worth getting checked out by a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012