Costochondritis, anti inflammatories, chest pain, flu symptoms

I was diagnosed with costocondritis 3 days ago, I was advised to take anti inflamatories and tide it out. For the past teo days I have had very intense flu like symptoms and the pain in my chest from the costocondritis has gone. I am not sure if the flu symptoms are associated with the costocondritis or have I been mis diagnosed? Also is it worth another trip to the ER as I have never felt this ill from the flu in the past the pain is much more intense I am concerned that there may be something else going on?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012