Continuous wrist pain, stopped gatorade and lucozade, no relief with medicines. What should be done?

Hello I am 24 years. I had some pain in my wrist for 3-4months. I when to the pharmacist and ask him what I should do. He told me to stop drinking lucozade and gatorade. I used to drink alot of lucozade and gatorade everyday not knowing it was bad for me. The work I was doing during that time was physically intensive and very hot weather so I used to drink it throughout the day. The pharmacist gave me 5capsule tablets and a voltaren emulgel to rub on my wrist. I took each tablet after eating and rub the muscle rub. The pain reduced significantly but not gone, I still get slight pain in my wrist when performing tasks. I cannot even do pushups because it pains alot. What should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A duration of 4 months is a long time. Simple lesions must have been cleared by this time.

It is a good thing that other joints are not involved and there are no systemic complaints.
The cause then must be local only

Considering your young age, one must aim to avoid long term deformity or complication. The best option is to see an orthopaedic doctor. He alone can pinpoint the source of pain - nerve, muscle, joint, ligament, or tendon. And give appropriate advice.

Wishing you speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Rheumatologist Dr. Nagaprabhu's  Response
Having wirst pain at this age is unusual - if you are a person who do lot of activities with hand some part of it could be explained by your activity - so i would suggest that you meet a rheumatologist and sort it out