Continuous throbbing pain in the hip post fall, lower back pain, difficulty in standing and sitting, X-ray showed one hip higher than the other, no fracture

I fell on my tailbone a month ago. I still have pain, in my tailbone, lower back and left hip. My left hip hurts the most. It actually throbs. I had an x-ray done the day after the fall of the tailbone and it showed no fracture . I have only see a PA so far, I see an Orthopedic Doctor soon. The PA has noticed my left hip appears higher than my right. I have trouble sleeping at night because of the hip pain . I have to take pain meds pretty consistently to do anything. I can t stand long without lower back pain , can t sit long without tailbone pain. What could cause my left hip to be higher than my right? Could there be a fracture that was not caught? Maybe in the hip. The hip really bothers me.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012