Continuous stabbing pain in the ankle since ankle sprain years ago, worsens in warm weather. Cause?

Hi , Dr Samuel. I had a fall about 3 years ago and sprained my ankle , unfortunately i wasn t able to rest it as i was working a function. Since then i have always had a slight pain in the right ankle, but now it has become quiet severe. I now also have the same pain in my left ankle. Somedays it is so bad i struggle to walk and when i take my shoes off both my ankle are extremely swollen. The pain is like a stabbing pain right through the actual bone area of the ankle. I work as a catering manager so most of my days are on my feet all day. The pain is worse when the weather is warmer. At night i struggle to sleep as the shooting pain i feel during the pain is still there throughout the night....would love to know what it could be
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  59 Awaiting Answer