Continuous pain in tailbone that worsens on getting up from sitting position, shooting pain from knee to ankle, have RA, osteoarthritis of hip. Cause and remedy?

Hi. I am 47 yr old woman. I have RA and osteodarthritis of hip. Have suffered from increasing pain in tailbone for a year now - but never injured it or landed on my tailbone after a fall. The pain is very bad when sitting on hard surface esp. and even worse when I first get up. Also pain when walking up hills or bending forward. When I sit I start getting pain shooting down outside of leg from knee to ankle. can this be related? if so any ideas what this might be and what can be done? MY physio talks about compressions in tailbone but what does that mean?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012