Continuous pain at the bottom part of spine with red spots on lower back post injury, aggravates on standing for long hours. Worrisome?

Hi, I think i injured/sprained/hurt my back somehow. it hurts just at the bottom part of my spine . I think it occured when I was trying to open the garage, and i didnt use the correct posture . ive tried to rest it ever since with continuous deep heat and application of a hot water bottle. There is still a slight bit of pain when I sit in the wrong position or stand for too long. Also now there are red spots appearing on my lowwer back. I am not sure if I should be alarmed or not??? HELP PLEASE!!!
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely sprain of lumbar (back) muscles. For my patients with such cases if no neurological deficit means i give muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside NSAIDs like aceclofenac and advise rest and ice pack application.Local anti inflammatory gels also i prescribe for some. In case of neurological deficits or no improvement after this i send for X ray followed by MRI if required to rule out any disc herniation or crack to spine.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.