Continuous pain and muscle stiffness in spine area, X-ray showed schmorl's node, prescribed chronic pain medicines. Other alternatives?

I have had continuing pain and muscle stiffness in my T9-T10 spine area (mostly just to the right of my spine). I have been prescribed many muscle relaxants, chronic pain meds, and anitinflamatories. I have been to the physical therapist and that only provides very short term relief . An xray was done and showed that I have a schmorl s node on my T9 vertebra... Current course of treatment is to stay on chronic pain meds so I can sleep at night, and hopefully pain will dissipate. I have had the tightening (worse when walking w/ backpack, doing the dishes, playing cards) in my mid back for a year and a half now and am looking to do research and find other alternatives. 24 minutes ago - 1 week left to answer. I have been on a strict no exercise period lasting 6 weeks... I have not been able to do anything other than walks without a pack, bicep curls (unless it is painful), assisted pushups (knee/girl pushups), and bodyweight squats.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012