Continuous hair loss for past 8 months, please suggest remedies

Continuous hair loss for past 8 months, my doctors have been no help at all! Hi i m 28 years old and have been suffering from hair loss for about the past 8 months, the hair is falling out from the roots and is diffusely coming out, there isn t a particular patch more affected. I m at a loss as to what to do, i ve been to my doctors 3 times who haven t really been of any help, they ve ran blood tests twice which all came back normal and checked thyroid function, which was again normal. I ve only got about 40% of the thickness of my hair previously. I was on anti-fungal medication for nail infections, which they thought could possibly be on the scalp, the hair loss seemed to slow quite a lot while on them, i ve told the doctor this, but she checked my scalp and said the scalp is healthy with no sign of fungal infection so would not put me back on antifungals due to the potential liver damage. The only other thing i can think could maybe be causing this is my long term use of the pill diannette. I have been taking this pill over a period of about 6 years, i know its not for longterm use but i brought it off the internet as its the only thing that cleared my skin up. So is it possible that my use of this is causing the hair loss?? I d be most grateful for a reply as i really don t know what else to do and am getting really really down about the situation. Many thanks,
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011