Continuous coughing, chest clear, took Erthromycin. Lethargic, weak, weight loss. What is wrong ?

My mum has been coughing for the last 7 to 9 weeks, she has been to the doctors, chest is clear, swab test showed a virus, has been taking cough mixture and 2 weeks ago she has had a course of antibiotic 'Erthromycin'.
She gets lathegic and is getting weak. Also has lost weight. She sometimes has difficulty to breath and sometimes her heart beat is too fast. She uses ventoline as well but does not help much. Please help me find as what could be wrong with her.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
I feel what she is having is a list viral hyper reactive airway disease. Most commonly it is seen in allergic individuals and occurs due to inflammation post viral infection however it can also occur in normal individuals.
Get a spirometry done and it will show a small airway reversibitlity. Start seroflo 125 MCG inhaler 2 puffs twice daily instead of a ventoline