Constipation, swollen stomach, abdominal pain, blood in stools. Is it IBS?

Hi for the past two years I ve been having problems going to the bathroom, I am constantly constipated, and can go up to two weeks without going to the bathroom. Sometimes however i get watery stools but this is only on occasions. I often have a swollen stomach even if i haven t ate and pain in my lower abdominal. I often feel like I really need to go to the bathroom, then there is nothing or when I go I never feel like I have completely finished. My doctor says I have ibs , but I am only 20 and am extremely fit and have a high fibre healthy diet. In the past month I have noticed a lot of blood in my stools, the blood is often bright red and is mixed into the stools as well as in the toilet bowl, I have no pain with this except for occasionally in my left hand abdominal and occasionally in my rectum but this is rare. I have also recently been feeling more fatigued and light headed as well as constantly cold.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012