Constipation, giving rice, vegetables and fruits. Suggestion?

hi,am having 18 months old kid, she is taking food properly but two-three days once she passes the motion which is very tigth, I am giving Rice with vegetable curries and some fruits. recent we found that warms also in motion. we have taken our daughter to doctor but he is saying don t worry it will come to normal in some time but our daughter is crying so much at the time of passing motion due to tightness. Pls suggest.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Thank you for writing in,
Passing of hard stools with pain is quite normal.
You can avoid this by giving food in more acceptable way like soft, semi-solid form.
Give her lot of fluids.
Add fruits and green leafy vegetables which make it easy for free passage of stools.