Constipation, distinct smell

Hi There , my granson of 18 months has severe constipation and a real distinct smell of his stools we have tried everything to help he usually doesnt pass stool for 6 to 8 days and is real agony and the size of the hard stools is is awful can u please help us with this i thought he may is have to have a sample of stools to be tested thanks grandma
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern first of all encourage the child for drinking more water stop the junk food, give fibber containing diet, send the kid for defecation every day even if he refuse to go for, ask him to stay there no matter whether he pass the stool or not, for better result "Sorbitol" syrup can be tried, hope this information helps you have nice day.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.