Constant smell of smoke. What could be the reason, how to get relief?

I seem to have the same problem as a ton of other people and see NO answersI constantly smell smoke like an old campfire or like I just put out a cigarette. I see site after site but not one intelligible answer. I quit smoking 6 years ago. I was at a friends house for dinner and they both smoke. For the following few days I chalked it up to residual nicotine in my sinus cavities. It is not going away. It seems better when I am outside and exacerbated with air conditioning. I take no medications and have not been around cigarettes or smokers except for the one evening a few weeks ago. It is maddening. Does anyone have any answers?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012