Constant pain on the rash on arms after falling into nettles, slight swelling. Used aloevera, hydro-cortisone cream, taken anti-histamine. How can I relieve pain?

my wife fell into some nettles which stung her unprotected arms. she suffered a severe attack of hives/ rash immediately afterwards with a fierce buring sensation in her arms. we have treated the area with aloe vera , hydrocortisone cream and taken anti- histamine tablets but the pain still persists although some of the swelling has gone down. what can we do to reduce the pain?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012