Constant deep aching pain all over abdomen, discomfort moves around. What to do ?

Hello. I'm a 41 year old female in good health. A little overweight, but don't smoke or drink. I eat well, but don't get much exercise. Back in November I was shoveling snow from the sidewalk. Later that night I had deep aching pain all over my abdomen. It was constant, but worse when leaning or bending over. Even sitting up straight was tough. In a week I felt better. Two months later after bending over sorting laundry, the pain came started low in the abdomen and moved up around the belly button and a little higher. It lasted a few days and went away. Then a week later after similar movements it came back. This has been the pattern for the last couple months, it is now April. Sometimes the pain is sharp, but mostly aching. I can move into certain positions which alleviates usually. There are no outward bulges, but made appointment with a doctor thinking it could be a hernia. The discomfort moved around a little so I wasn't sure what it could be. The doctor didn't feel anything and said it wasn't a hernia unless it was really small.he told me to go home and do ab crunches to strengthen the muscles. I don't think that's a good idea, so I asked for an ultrasound. He said no, but ordered a CT Scan with oral contrast. I am scheduled for tha later this week. The last few days I have felt very good and almost forget about the discomfort. However, I know it can comeback quickly by just moving the wrong way. I haven't noticed any change in digestive or bowel systems. No nausea or weight loss. I do have gerd that seems to be unresponsive to medication and have had minor gallbladder pain, but this is much different and is brought on by movement. Sorry for the super long description. Any thoughts as to what it might be or any future action I should take? Thank you. - AAA
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013