Constant bad odour in nose, unable to taste anything. Suggest

I have a constant bad odor in my nose. It's similar to ammonia or car fumes and other chemicals. It also makes everything taste bad. I can't smell anything but the odor, for example if I put lotion on it just makes the odor stronger and I can't smell the lotion at all. It seems like eating proteins makes the taste/smell worse to the point where I can only eat carbs.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for contacting HCM

as you have bad odor in nose. there are some answers are missing to reach the diagnosis such as age ,sex and location of the patient and duration of the symptom.
Better to you that you consult the ENT specialist .