Consistent infection, difficulty in impregnation, semen analysis showed normal motility and count. What could be the cause?

I am 36 yrs of age, i have a sturborn infection that has refused to go, although i am presently taking medication . i did a semen test and the result is as follows : Volume:1.3ml, Viscosity: Moderate. Morphology- Normal Forms - 75%, Abnormal Forms -25%, Apperance- Creamy white, PH: 8.0 Motility- Active-80%, Sluggish: 10%, Dead- 10%. Count- 6.5 x 10/6 ml Others: Pus Cells+, Bacteria + Culture yielded no significant growth. Pmy wife has been unable to get pregnant, am facing alot of pressure. Please advise . Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
I went through your analysis.
Your motility and morphology are normal, but the main issue is that the count is very low.
You fall under the category called SEVERE OLIGOSPERMIA.
You need to consult a urologist and get checked for varicocele.