Concussion, skull fracture over ear. Hearing loss due to blockage in middle ear? Safe to fly?

My husband suffered a concussion two weeks ago and fractured his skull over the left ear; subsequently, he has only about 10% hearing in his left ear. The ENT who looked at his ear in the hospital said she didn t think it would be permanent and the hearing loss was probably caused from swelling and bleeding from the ear. Last week, my husband went to see a different ENT specialist to follow up and he was told the small bones in his ear are probaby broken and he would need a hearing aid or surgery. He will be flying in the near future and I was wondering if the hearing loss could be due to blockage in the middle ear and whether or not it is safe for him to fly (due to ear pressure changes).
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012