Concerned about the suspicious wife. Need a solution

Sir, I have a problem.We married last 7 years.We love each others very much.But she suspected me very much that I love with other women like my old girlfriend,brother s wife etc.Actullay i am not talking with any woman except my wife and my mother.In this connection some querrelsome were took place.the situation is now very bad. Pl tell me the some solution. from -Rajib
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Thanks for your query. I understand your turmoil. It is to remembered that this suspicion could be just part of normal interpersonal issues and not pathological. It can be also part of delusional disorder, paranoid personality disorder or other psychotic disorders. Hence, i would suggest a thorough psychiatric evaluation before clinching a diagnosis and initiating appropriate treatment. If required interpersonal psychotherapy mght also be a good option.
Dr Sundar

Psychiatrist Dr. Payman Hajiazim's  Response
Hi There, Thanks for asking. It is a really important issue. Sometimes it is the natural part of "Amour" or love that lover becomes obsessive or sometimes suspicious about her beloved. Interestingly, depression can aggravate the situation. So you should ask about her mood and if you guess she might be depressed, you should seek help by a doctor to improve her mood. If this does not exist or if therapy for depression does not work, her doctor thinks about other issues and treat it according to the situation. I wish you and your partner a good health and enjoyment.

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

As per your description, your wife probably has "Delusional disorder" in which a person is suspicious of being followed, infected, poisoned etc. Your wife has "jealous" type of delusional disorder in which a partner has suspiciousness of loyality of the other partner that he/she is involved with other person. In such cases, drugs like antipsychotics are required. However these symptoms may also occur in conditions like schizophrenia. I advise you to visit a psychiatrist for detailed work up.

Hope it helps
Thanks, leave a review if possible
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant psychiatrist