Compressed lumbar discs, lower back hurts, hard to breathe, taken laxatives, coffee, prune juice

Previous injury has caused me numerous back issues. I have 2 compressed disks in my lumbar . I also have bulges and tears all the way up to my neck. I recently tried lifting something I shouldn t have and my lower back hurtsso bad and I haven t been able to pooh forovr a week. My stomach has gotten so big it s hard to breath . I have a Dr. Appointment in 3 days and I ve tried laxatives, coffee, prune juice and I can manage to walk 8-9 miles a day and I drink a to of water.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Hello and welcome to

You are doing the correct things to aid in your problem.

Please go to your pharmacy and request a bottle of mag citrate. Chill the mag citrate and drink the entire bottle. Wait six hours and repeat. This is a strong laxative and should give you relief.

If you get no relief, go to your emergency room at your hospital. This could require additional testing to ensure nothing serious has occurred, especially if you have not been passing any gas.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly