Complications after removing wisdom tooth

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few days ago. No when i press on my head above my ear i can feel fluid? is this norma;
Asked On : Wed, 7 Mar 2012
Dentist 's  Response

After a wisdom tooth removal normally some complications arise such as :
b.oozing of fluid
c.dry socket
d.nerve injury
e.swelling etc.

According to your case their is slight oozing of fluid.This will be reduced gradually.

Use mouthwash and rinse your mouth well .
Gargle your mouth with warm salt water twice daily.

Hope so this helps you out.

Thank you.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
There are a number of complications that can arise from wisdom teeth removal. One of the more prominent wisdom teeth removal complications is dry socket. This problem generally arises a couple of days after the wisdom tooth has been extracted.
The pain from the dry socket can spread from the specific area of the wisdom teeth removal and travel all the way up to the ears.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...

Dentist Dr. Shefali Gupta's  Response
Thanks for asking query,
Wisdom tooth extraction is a complicated surgery and associated with several complication like- fever, pain, swelling, dry socket.
I suggest you take tab augmentin 625 mg twice, tab ebility thrice , gargle with warm saline water 3to 4 times a day , use antiseptic mouth wash.
Visit your dentist and get the clinical and radio graphic check up done.
Hope this will help you.
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
This could be there is an infection around the socket which could have spread to the region around your ear. Pl consult an Oral Surgeon to identify if there is an infection and if so he could prescribe the required antibiotics. Usually complications associated with removal of wisdom tooth are dry socket, swelling and pain, Paresthesia, spread of infection, Reffrered pain.

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response

Hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query,

Extraction of wisdom tooth often ends with complications like pain and swelling post extraction .

usually it takes 7 to 10 days for the extraction wound to heal and close completely provided if there is no infection .

After extraction antibiotic and analgesic coverage is must to prevent infection of the extraction site and to promote healing.

i would suggest you to start with a antibiotic and analgesic course consulting your dentist , which helps in subsiding the swelling and relives post extraction pain.

follow all the post extraction instructions and rinse the mouth with lukewarm saline or antiseptic mouth rinse.

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

There can be a chance of spread of infection from the infected tooth to the spaces of the face leading to pus formation. I would suggest you to visit the Oral Surgeon get complete clinical examination done.
Take complete course of antibiotics and analgesic.
Follow the post operative instructions given by the Dentist properly.
Maintain a good oral hygiene, use lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash rinses.

Hope this helps out.

Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
i read your problem but you did not tell which wisdom tooth has undergone for extraction?????????
anyways it may be due to infection spread to that area from oral spaces........
it may be oedema........
i will suggest you to go to a specialist(oral surgeon),and go for whole mouth examination............
and follow all the instructions given and take a proper treatment.......
nothing to get worried......
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The feeling fluid filled in head may be due to the pressure exerted while extracting wisdom tooth.
This may be related to the headache/ear infection which usually occurs with impacted wisdom tooth.
I would suggest you to take complete rest.
Avoid stressful jobs to brain.
Gargle frequently using warm saline and betadine rinses.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Also check whether you are affected with sinus infections.
Please do consult your dentist regarding this.
Hope this helps.

Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response

you have not mentioned that which wisdom tooth you under gone for removal, and how long it took to get it removed.
if you are feeling fluid consult the dental surgeon, it may be because of the oedema or swelling, ar there may be accumulation of pus in that region.

Dr Vishal Jain......... vitaldent, Faridabad.
there may be fluid or pus accumulationconsult your near by dentist and later take ent specilist opinin