Colon cancer survivor. Had black stools. Been on prilosec. What is my hemoglobin?

Hi, I m an 8 year colon cancer survivor. I had my colon removed at initial diagnosis and have been very healthy since then. June of 2011 I say block stools for two weeks after some hard training for a race. A blood test indicated I was anemic. I took some medicine for a month and my numbers returned to normal. This June and July I saw black stools again and my numbers were low. I ve had upper scops and a camera pill that show nothing major, just slight erosions of the esophogus. I have not seen any block stools since July (not Sept) but my Hemoglobin is still at 12.6. I ve been on Prilosec for 3 months now and it doesn t seem to be helping. I mountain bike very hard (race too) and play volleyball alot. About 6-10 hours of excercise a week. I feel ok although I am not as fast on the bike as I used to be. My question is, what do you think I should be asking my docs to look at now and is it safe to keep pushing my body with a 12.6 hemoglobin count? I ve read this can put strain on the body. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012