Cold,fever,sore throat,dry cough,blocked nose,hurtful throat

i have had cold for about 3 days now and i have a minor fever and sore throat , dry cough and nose is half/half blocked. ive been taking nyquil and ib profuen. but It helped only a bit. I tried sleeping but I can never sleep comfortably. I wake up middle of night coughing and it hurts my throat alot. even right now It hurts when I cough. I just want to get rid of this so I can go outside and get some fresh air without coughing and feeling cold. how do I get rid of it faster?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012