Cold and cough. Marijuana and alcohol consumption. Will it affect the baby if I am pregnant?

I am trying to get pregnant. I am healthy, no problems. I have had a cold for a week and took lots of cough and cold medicine. I have the odd alcoholic beverage and like to smoke marijuana on occasion.. My period is due in a few days, but it s never regular so I m not concerned. If I conceived in the past couple weeks, would there be any harm on the baby? Once I find out I am pregnant I won t be partaking in any of the above, but I thought I would have fun trying.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Smoking marijuana, having alcohol, commonly used cough syrups all are harmful to developing fetus especially in first trimester of pregnancy. They may increase the risk of serious side effects to fetus. I advise you to get your pregnancy test done. And if you are planning to conceive in near future please quit alcohol and marijuana and discuss with your doctor.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi