Clogged pores causing acne, skin coloured blackheads, dry skin. Put differin, severe outbreak. Cure?

I have had pretty bad clogged pores as a result of playing soccer. The acne consists mainly of skin colored blackheads and inflamed blackheads. I was put on Differin .3 which made me break out horribly. I now just use clean and clear that has BP in it. It is cold where I live, and as a result my skin is dry. Do you think in the summer time my acne will clear, and also was it smart going of Differin, which was applied only to my forehead .
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013