Clogged ear, applied ear drops, black spot on eardrum. What could it be?

Hi. I have been to see a doctor regarding my right ear. Several weeks ago it became clogged which caused some discomfort. I saw a physician. Ear wax lodged deep in the ear was the prognosis so I was given ear drops to soften up the wax. After 8 days nothing happened. I went back to doctor and had my ear flushed. I could hear! Four days later I felt as if my ear was clogged again. I got more ear drops from the doctor and this time after 5 days NOTHING was happening.My ear felt worse. No pain just felt like fluid was in the ear. I went back tonight to have it flushed again. Now I am being told I have a black spot on my eardrum .What could it be? I can hear after the flushing of my ear but I am not at 100percent. Any ideas? I obviously need to seek further medical attention but I am really worried after what i thought was simply wax removal has become something bigger.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I cannot tell you what the black spot on your eardrum is without seeing it myself. It could simply be residual wax that did not come. It could be a fungal infection. Or, it could be any number of things. Best thing to do is see an ENT doctor who can examine your ear with a microscope in his or her office, and then prescribe the appropriate treatment.