Clicking knee, painful, taking Ibuprofen and done icing. Do I need to do anything?

For at least twenty years, my knees have made clicking noises for time to time. In the last few weeks, pain has developed in my right knee along with repetitive clicking noises (basically every time it bends). After coaching last night and playing more than usual, the knee pain became a little irksome. I thought that riding my bicycle up to class today would be okay but the knee seems to click (internally—I can feel it with my hand over the knee) with every revolution (unlike my left knee which feels pretty fluid ). Taking Ibuprofen does not do that much either and icing it last night did not seem to do much either. The pain is under the patella but cannot be induced by pressure, just use. Do I need to do anything other than rest as much as possible? The pain is like a dull burning/swollen pain (with no real swelling that I can see). Sleeping last night helped but today’s activity have taxed it.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012