Chronic skin irritation, itchy bumps on scalp. Prescribed prednisone earlier. What do I have?

Hello, I was treated in late October for scalp itching. I also developed bumbs or lumps all around the lower part of my scull and a few on the side by my left ear. They would appear and itch and then disapper and a few hours later would appear again. I even got them on my elbows. The Dr. put me on an antibiotic and prescribed Fluocinolone acetonide oil. I used that continuously for a month and during that time I developed a skin rash right above my breasts clear across my upper chest. The Dr. took a skin punch biopsy and it came back with chronic skin irritatioln whatever that was. I have always had clear, perfect skin, so this was new to me. He then prescribed prednisone and after the first pill, all of the bumps and lumps disappeared from my head and all itching stopped. He had me take pills per day for 5 days, 3 a day for 5 days and then 2 and 1 for five days. The rash on my chest has all cleared up and no redness now. I finished the pills about a week ago and scalp itch is back. For two days now I have been scratching , but it comes and goes. What in the heck to I have? After I scratch really well, it settles down for a bit, but comes back with a vengenance. It is driving me nuts . Can you help me?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012