Chronic knee pain. X-ray shows small joint effusion in both knees. Treatment for pain?

I have been getting knee pains over the past few years. It used to be that I only got them after skiing. Now I get them even when I haven t exercised in a while. So I had an X-ray done which showed that I have small joint effusion in both knees. At only 38 years of age, I am concerned for my kneeds. While exercising, I am very careful to not put too much pressure on them and wear knee braces. However, the pain seems to be getting worst and discouraging me from working out.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013