Chronic gout, swelling in foot, ankle. Treated with Allopurino. Which specialist to consult?

I am a 48 yr old male, 6 1 , 280 lbs. I have had chronic gout for many years and treat it daily with Allopurinol . I have swelling in the foot , ankle, and lower left leg. No excess pain, no hot spot like with gout. I have no redness or skin discoloring. I have taken a round of a sulfur drug antibiotic and the swelling went down. I took all of them as told, but the swelling returned a few days after finishing the drug.They took a culture of the clear fluid that was draining out of the left leg, but do not have results. This has plagued me now for around 18 months and in that time I have worn a cast for 6 weeks, a brace, and also wear theraputic socks that come up over the calf . What kind of specialist do I need to see for this problem?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012