Chronic cough, mucus, brown particles in vomit, lung congestion. Taking mucinex. Causes for symptoms?

My son has had a cough for a week and a half. I have been giving him his breathing treatment that he takes when he is congested in his lungs. I also have given him mucinex. He is 12 years old. Today he vomited and in his vomit were lots of brown strands( as if dried blood ) along with all the mucous. Today he hasnt had anything really brown to eat. He does not have a fever . cough only. What could this be a sign of?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012