Chronic cough, have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Taking Levothyroxine, Accutane and Prednisone. Should thyroid status cause cough?

My son has ha hashimotos Disease for 4 yrs. and is managed on 50mcgs. of Levothyroxine . He s had a persistent cough for the past 6 months that is getting worse. Had him seen by allergist and pulmonary function tests were good. She thought it might be related to him being on different antibiotics for acne for the last year, maybe causing acid reflux and prescribed ranitidine 150mg BID. He has also been taking Accutane for the past month and now prednisone for 2 weeks since his acne got worse in the second month of his Accutane course. The cough started long before he took the Accutane and Prednisone but has gotten much worse in the past week. I m wondering if I should call his endocrinologist and see if she thinks it could be re to his thyroid status. Do you see chronic cough with Hashimotos? his thyroid values were normal when seen 4 months ago and his mild goiter appears visually smaller in the last year. An ultrasound done a year ago showed diffuse goiter rather than nodules. thanks for your response. It s hard to diagnose being he ha a number of conditions.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012