Chronic cough, excessive phlegm, worse during mornings and evenings, dizziness. Cough synocope or something more serious?

My husband has had a cough for over a year. He cough alot of phlegm all day but it is worse in the morning and evening. He also coughs all of the sudden he passes out. He has passed out quiet a few times but all the tell him is its cough synocope but nobody tries to figure out why it is happening. I guess i want to know what kind of dr to take him to?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Severe cough can result in cough syncope but this is just simplifying the whole matter.
Since you haven't mentioned anything regarding his personal habits like smoking or any associated symptom like fever,breathlessness etc,it is very difficult for mr to pass any judgement on his cough.
You must consult a chest specialist and get him thoroughly checked not only for his cough but also the reasons for his passing out.