Chronic cough. Taking methyl prednisolone. Will seroflo rotacap inhaler help?

my father is 62 yrs old. He s been complaining of cough for the past 4-5 months. he s taken two to three types of antibiotics but of no use. he felt better after taking methyl prednisolone 4mg twice. but after few days the same cough problem has continued. now the doctor has advised to take seroflo 250 rotacap inhaler alongwith deriphylline retard 150mg. kindly suggest what to do as the chest xray, tlc ,dlc, esr , blood sugar reports are normal.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013