Chronic cough. Antibiotics provide no relief. X-ray normal. Treatment?

I have had a cough for over 20 years and it has been investigated by an ENT specialist in the XXXX. First of all I had an Xray , then a series of lotions and potions - no improvement. Then I had an endoscopic inspection followed some weeks later by a scan. The ENT guy told me there was nothing physically wrong and that it would be pointless performing any sort of operation. I thought I was learning to live with this, but sometimes get anxious that I m disturbing my husband. Recently moved to and my present GP isn t aware of this cough! I am phobic about any sort of procedure (despite having been a medical secretary for most of my working life), so I want to avoid another course of investigtion.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012