Chronic and reoccurring UTI, urine test revealed WBC and RBC, have fever. What does this mean?

I have suffered from chronic and recurring uti for more than 20 years. Often my samples come back with no growth however the urine has shown blood and white blood cells on dip stick testing. I travel a lot and so each new doctor is loathe to believe there is an infection. I know however from fever, pain and other symptoms and also the presence of blood and white blood cells that there must be something wrong. I am frustrated with doctor's blind faith in lab results. I have just read an article from a London Medical journal that the determination 'mixed growth of doubtful significance' is NO reliable indicator that disease is not present. Where do I go from here?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013