Cholesterol test done showing LDL, HDL. On diovan for high BP. Smoker, family history of heart issues, overweight. Do I need statin?

Hi n thanks i just saw my dr n my ldl is132 and hdl 35 im 48 and take diovan for high blood. pressure . ... do i really need statin drug .. Dr is really pushing i am very reluctant. .. Can u please advised. . Also i hav both parents with heart issues... O also smoke about half pack daily is there any other options i have also im overweight by fifty pounds n dont exercise
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012