Choking due to swallowing a non-edible thing. Have irritation in the throat. Need to go to the hospital?

First off let me say that this was stupid and i will never do it again. I just need help. Long story short I swallowed a .5 gram bag of something including the bag. It has been a little over 24 hours and it is stuck in my throat . I can breath fine and it isnt painful more just irritating. Will it go down? Ive tried thowing it up but it wont budge. Please help. I really dont want to go to the hospital.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Dentist 's  Response
From the details provided ,its not clear that what material has been used to make the bag which you have swallowed.
I would advice you to Visit a physician soon.
The material can be toxic,if it is non-degradable in nature.
Gastric lavage can be done or anti-emetics has to be administered.
Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics too.
Maintain oral care.
Drink plenty of water and fluids.