Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Choking due to swallowing a non-edible thing. Have irritation in the throat. Need to go to the hospital?

First off let me say that this was stupid and i will never do it again. I just need help. Long story short I swallowed a .5 gram bag of something including the bag. It has been a little over 24 hours and it is stuck in my throat . I can breath fine and it isnt painful more just irritating. Will it go down? Ive tried thowing it up but it wont budge. Please help. I really dont want to go to the hospital.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
From the details provided ,its not clear that what material has been used to make the bag which you have swallowed.
I would advice you to Visit a physician soon.
The material can be toxic,if it is non-degradable in nature.
Gastric lavage can be done or anti-emetics has to be administered.
Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics too.
Maintain oral care.
Drink plenty of water and fluids.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 21 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor